adapted with permission from Michelle Obama’s Let’s MOVE initiative
Here are some fun ways to get more playtime with your family and friends:
- Ask your folks for toys like balls, kites, and jump ropes.
- Join a sports team or try a new physical activity.
- Help your parents map out a safe walk to and from school and ask them to walk with you once a week.
- Take stairs instead of elevators.
- Go outside and play or walk around the block a few times after supper.
- Make a new house rule: no sitting still during television commercials!
- Find time to spend together with a fun activity: family park day, swim day or bike day.
- Challenge everyone in your family to see who can be the first to achieve a “Presidential Active Lifestyle Award” by committing to physical activity five days a week, for six weeks. Adults and children can both receive the award!
- Talk to your principal or have your parents help you write a letter to the superintendent if you think there should be more p.e. at school.
- Be sure you get the sleep you need so you feel good every day!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.