Special Olympics Mission
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
Special Olympics Arizona Goal
Special Olympics Arizona’s (SOAZ) goal is to empower the over 180,000 Arizonans with intellectual disabilities to be healthy, productive, and respected members of society through SOAZ’s year-round sports training, competitions and support programs.
How You Can Help
What does Special Olympics Arizona need?
- Donors to fund athletes’ participation.
- Volunteers to coach athletes and manage events.
- Athletes to participate in traditional and unified sports programs.
Why does Special Olympics Arizona need donors & sponsors?
Special Olympics Arizona has grown to 10,600+ athletes, 24 sports, 172 year-round competitions and multiple support programs. All of SOAZ programs are provided at no cost to our 10,600 athletes. Therefore we rely heavily on SOAZ sponsors to provide funding, in-kind donations, and volunteers.
Want to get involved?
- Visit our Donate Page to see the many ways you can help Special Olympics Arizona Athletes & Families.
- Visit our Volunteer Page to find a volunteer opportunity that’s right for you.
- Visit our Athletes Page or our Coaches Section to find out how you can get more involved!
Mon - Fri: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
520-207-16912100 South 75th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85043
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.